Re: [AUCTeX] set up latexmk as default engine + automatically add flags

From: Ivan Andrus
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] set up latexmk as default engine + automatically add flags for lualatex, xelatex
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:05:56 +0200

On Oct 22, 2012, at 6:57 PM, Benjamin Slade wrote:

> For orgmode, I have a setup that calls up latexmk and automatically
> provides the proper flags for luatex and xetex based on detection of a
> string in the buffer like "#+LATEX_CMD: lualatex".*
>
> I'm wondering how to:
>
> (1) Add Latexmk as a C-c C-c command for AUCTeX, and set it as default.

Here is what I use (except that I don't actually make Latexmk the default in my
.emacs):

    (alist-set 'TeX-expand-list
               "%(-PDF)"
               (list (lambda ()
                       (if (and (not TeX-Omega-mode)
                                (or TeX-PDF-mode TeX-DVI-via-PDFTeX))
                           "-pdf" "-dvi"))))

    (alist-set 'TeX-command-list
               "Latexmk" '("latexmk %(-PDF) %s"
                           TeX-run-TeX nil t
                           :help "Run Latexmk on file to build everything."))

    (setq TeX-command-default "Latexmk")

> (2) Institute something similar which searches the buffer for something
> like "LATEX_CMD: lualatex" and set the flags for running latexmk
> accordingly.

% Local Variables:
% TeX-engine: luatex
% End: