Re: [AUCTeX] Biber support

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Biber support
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 23:31:39 +0200

Ken Brown <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Ken,

> 1. doc/tex-ref.tex has to be updated.  In addition to the obvious
> stuff at the beginning (version, date,...), I suggest something like
> the following:
>
> [...]
>
> (Or should the second 'Biber' be '\star Biber'?  I don't really
> understand the significance of the star.)

Star means that the command is not available in every mode.  Biber seems
to be available everywhere.  Maybe, it shouldn't be available in plain
TeX or ConTeXt mode, but it's no big deal.

> 2. Somewhere we should mention the variable
> LaTeX-always-use-Biber. Here's one possibility, but maybe there's a
> better place:

A little bit prominent there, but I didn't find a better place, too.

I committed your patches as "tiny change", but since you regularly spend
some time to work on AUCTeX it would be good if you could sign a CA so
that further and possibly larger contributions and fixes can be
integrated easily.  If you want, I can send you the form per private
mail.

Bye,
Tassilo