Re: [AUCTeX] Local Variable ignored

From: NOGUET Dominique
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Local Variable ignored
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 09:43:39 +0000

Hello Ralf, Tassilo,

Many thanks for the fast responsiveness.
>>> Why do you set the default value from its standard setting?
>> It's recommended in the manual.  See (info "(auctex)Top"). (c:
Indeed, I'm a disciplined user who reads and applies user manuals ;-)

>>>I have dwim, and when I create a new tex file I'm also queried for the
>>>master file.
FYI, I tried 'dwim', which created an init file error (Symbol's value as
variable is void)

>>>I'd suggest that you test if local variables work at all, e.g., try setting
>>>things like tab-width with it.
>>>If that doesn't work too, then it's surely not an AUCTeX issue.
You're right, changing tab-width failed too... I have to look elsewhere.

FYI:
> I have the same behaviour when I execute (setq TeX-master"hdr") from the
> minibuffer.
>>Huh?  What's that good for?  That sets the buffer local value of TeX-master
>>in the elisp file that contains that code.  That doesn't make sense...
Well, maybe I'm confusing things, but I wanted to check that I could change the
TeX-master value attached to that buffer. (I did not expect it would solve the
problem, but just wanted to check that TeX-master was not stuck to nil).

Thanks again. I'll check further...

Dominique