[AUCTeX] TeX Fold on Emacs 24: temporary unfolding doesn't work

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: [AUCTeX] TeX Fold on Emacs 24: temporary unfolding doesn't work
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:02:06 +0100

Hi all,

I've just upgraded from the latest stable release (Emacs 23.something) to
the latest Emacs 24 pretest (24.0.91.1) and reinstalled AUCTeX (11.86).

Now I suddenly find that "walking into" a folded segment to temporarily
unfold it doesn't work anymore with C-f and C-b. It does still work with
the cursor keys, though.

A quick C-h c shows that the cursor keys are bound to <left-char> and
<right-char>, whereas C-f and C-b are bound to <forward-char> and
<backward-char>, respectively. Is this the cause of the problem (or
feature, if it is intentional)? Is there an easy fix? I hardly ever use the
cursor keys...

TIA

Joost

--