[AUCTeX] reftex and import package

From: Nuno Lopes
Subject: [AUCTeX] reftex and import package
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 12:47:29 +0000

Hello list,

I'm writing my thesis and started to use the "import" package [1] to include
other papers (kept in different directories and may have imports of their own).

In the code I have in main.tex:

\import{ch1}{intro}

I would like to have the contents of "ch1/intro.tex" included in the TOC.  I
tried adding the "import" and "subimport" to the "reftex-include-file-commands"
variable but this didn't work. AFAIK it would require the file to be the first
argument of the "import" command but it is actually (roughly) determined by the
concatenation of the first and second arguments. Is there an easy workaround
for this? Would be great to be able to use the TOC.

Thanks a lot, best regards,
--
Nuno Lopes

[1] http://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/import