Re: [AUCTeX] Auctex TOC with multifile document

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Auctex TOC with multifile document
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 10:26:23 +0200

Riccardo G-Mail <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm writing my PhD thesis with LaTeX-Sweave and I use EMACS with
> AucTex and ESS. I have a master file (master.tex) and some slave files
> and my question is about the use of the TOC in the slave files. How
> should I do to see the TOC on the slave files? Because when I pres
> C-c= I see only an empty TOC.

I think it should work if you tell slaveN.tex that master.tex is the
master. Usually by invoking C-c _

┏━━━
┃ TeX-master-file-ask is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
┃ `tex.el'.
┃
┃ (TeX-master-file-ask)
┃
┃ Ask for master file, set `TeX-master' and add local variables.
┃
┗━━━

I have used it for many years.

—Rasmus