Re: [AUCTeX] Auctex - how to stop prompting for default command

From: Ivan Andrus
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Auctex - how to stop prompting for default command
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:22:51 +0200

On Aug 16, 2011, at 7:14 PM, Jeffrey Spencer wrote:

C-c C-v runs the view command. For Latex should be able to do C-c C-c l RET to run it. I also want to set a custom command I made to a key binding and tried getting it working but couldn't quite getting it working correctly but it was something similar to below. Some else may know why it is wrong (Doall is the custom command):

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
             (local-set-key "\C-c\C-?"
                (lambda ()
                   (interactive)
                   (TeX-save-document (TeX-master-file))
                   (TeX-command "Doall" 'TeX-master-file' -1)))))

For me the problem was the keybinding.  Is that the problem you had?  I've found control keys don't always work as you might expect.  Changing it to use `read-kbd-macro' was how I got it to work:

(define-key LaTeX-mode-map (read-kbd-macro "C-c C-?")
  (lambda ()
    (interactive)
    (TeX-save-document (TeX-master-file))
    (TeX-command "Doall" 'TeX-master-file -1)))

Could also look into using latexmk on the tex file. Then anytime you hit C-x C-s (saving the file) it will update.

That seems like a good idea (depending on your habits), but I've never tried latexmk in this mode, but rather as sort of a "Doall" type command.

-Ivan