[AUCTeX] Forward search and page labels in evince

From: Michael Bach
Subject: [AUCTeX] Forward search and page labels in evince
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 00:26:05 +0200

Hello AUCTeX users,

I have successfully activated I/O Correlation in AUCTeX (11.86 dev) for
evince (v. 3.0.2) via synctex.

Now I found that the forward search from within AUCTeX works fine with
C-c C-v if pages in evince are not labeled with an offset.

To be specific: I use a \setcounter{page}{1} in my thesis to begin page
numbering at the introduction after the title page, abstract and table
of contents.  Another example is the manual of the memoir documentclass:
The first 39 pages are numbered with roman numbers within evince.  This
labeling offset messes up forward search, i.e. it jumps to the correct
page number + labeling offset.

Now, is there someone using a similar setup who managed to solve this?
Can this offset be honoured by AUCTeX so as to jump to the right page?
Am I doing something wrong?

Best Regards,
Michael Bach