[AUCTeX] Trouble with multifile document and bibliography

From: Lane Schwartz
Subject: [AUCTeX] Trouble with multifile document and bibliography
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 14:20:32 -0500

Hi,

I'm just getting started using auctex. I have a minimal example of a multifile document. When I run latex, latex, bibtex, latex using c-c c-c on the TeX-master document (test-main.tex), the document compiles correctly.

But, when I run latex, latex, bibtex using c-c c-b I run into problems. The _region_output reports:
I found no \bibdata command---while reading file _region_.aux
I found no \bibstyle command--while reading file _region_.aux

When I look at _region_.tex, the file does not contain the \bibliographystyle and \bibliography commands found in test-main.tex.

The files are listed in full below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
test-main.tex:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

\input{test-chapter}

\bibliographystyle{abbrev}

\bibliography{test-bib}

\end{document}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
test-chapter.tex:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\section{Intro}

Hello. I will now cite \cite{schuler10} in my paper.

%%% Local Variables:
%%% TeX-master: "test-main"
%%% End:

test-bib.bib
@conference{schuler10,
   title={Incremental Parsing in Bounded Memory},
   author={William Schuler},
   year=20101,
   booktitle={Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Tree Adjoining Grammars and Related Formalisms (TAG+10)},
   address={New Haven, CT}
}