Re: [AUCTeX] Re: redefining PDF viewer

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: redefining PDF viewer
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 21:45:06 +0100

* Tassilo Horn (2010-11-17) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Do you, by chance, know if this also works with source specials and
>> DVI output?
>
> I've tried it now with [X] Correlate I/O and [ ] Generate PDF output,
> but neither forward nor backward search work.  C-c C-c View RET doesn't
> change the page shown, and Shift-Leftclick in okular does nothing.

I'd only expect forward search to work anyway.  If it works depends on
the methods for I/O correlation (if I just knew a better term for this)
supported by Okular.  With the settings above it's likely that SyncTeX
is used and if Okular does not support that together with DVI output,
forward search will not work.  You can enable source specials
temporarily with `(setq TeX-source-correlate-method-active
'source-specials)' in case you want to try it.