Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Include subdirectories in Reftex's completion

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Include subdirectories in Reftex's completion
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 21:57:20 +0200

* Mathias Lindner (2010-10-08) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <angeli <at> caeruleus.net> writes:
>
>> But it's likely that
>> this problem should be fixed directly in `TeX-search-files' or
>> `TeX-search-files-kpathsea' respectively instead of introducing the
>> band-aid I provided.
>
> So will this be done? I would be happy about it since I always use a detailed
> folder structure and up to now I regularly have to look up the correct folder
> names and type them manually into such macros.

I'm still not sure how this can be dealt with in a sensible way.
Theoretically you could reference a file anywhere in the file system
with \include (i.e. also outside of the directory of the current file)
and we should not provide all files in the file system for completion.
Perhaps there should be a prompt which asks the user how she wants to
specify the file?  One option would be the current way (i.e. with
completion) and the other one a manual specification (like with `C-x
C-f').