[AUCTeX] Language support

From: Mathias Lindner
Subject: [AUCTeX] Language support
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 15:31:32 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

According to http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/auctex_71.html
AucTeX is supposed to set the correct language support after parsing the files.
In a multifile document I have a file called header_document.tex containing the
line:
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
Parsing the whole document and saving the parsed information to a .rel file
gives besides other these lines (the dots replace a longer path):

(bof
"d:/[...]/LaTeX/header/header_document.tex")

(eof
"d:/[...]/LaTeX/header/header_document.tex")

If I interpret that right, Auctex doesn't find the language information.

Anyway, if I hit the hyphen key twice should give "=. This works in
header_document.tex. But in another file (e.g. the master file) of this project
it doesn't work.

Any ideas why I experience this weird behaviour?

Thanks for suggestions!
Mathias