[AUCTeX] recommended font for editing

From: Frederik
Subject: [AUCTeX] recommended font for editing
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 20:22:50 +0200

Hello there!

Some time ago I asked on this list, why so many symbols in LaTeX-fold-math-spec-list don't display properly showing just a box. After experimenting with different "programming fonts" I discovered that my problem concerns the font being used in emacs (which is obvious, somehow...). I tested Deja Vu Sans Mono, which is a free font, and realized that now some more symbols display correctly; still some remain boxes or don't show up altogether.

Now, what font should be used to display all these symbols? Any recommendations?

Thanks & regards,
Frederik