Re: [AUCTeX] Compile and display some chapters only

From: Bernhard Kleine
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Compile and display some chapters only
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:44:50 +0200

Am Montag, den 26.04.2010, 11:13 -0400 schrieb Hoang Trong Minh Tuan:
> Thanks Jose. I should comment out the files temporarily not in use.
> However, is it possible, in emacs, to select some files as an option
> with compiling process.
> Thanks,
> Tuan
>
> > On Apr 26, 2010 10:41 AM, "José Carlos Santos" <address@hidden>
> > wrote:
> >

> > On 26-04-2010 15:04, Hoang Trong Minh Tuan wrote:
> >
> > > I have a multi files book written in latex. Eac...
> >
> > This has *nothing* to do with AucTeX!
> >
> > Just use an \include command for each chapter and the \includeonly
> > command to select those chapters that you want to recompile.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Jose Carlos Santos

You got the answer already:
\includeonly{chapter2,chaptern}
\begin{document}
\include{chapter1}
\include{chapter2}
.
.
.
\include{chaptern}
\end{document}

This will only compile chapter2 and chaptern.

Please are so good and read the documentation.

You can only use

\excludeonly{chapter1,chapter2,chapter3}

and compile evrything but the first three chapters.

Regards

Bernhard