Re: [AUCTeX] Getting ChkTeX to work

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Getting ChkTeX to work
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:15:33 +0200

* Siim Sepman (2010-03-30) writes:

> The outcome with load-file would be prefered, although I would also
> prefer the menu item to appear (more or less) automatically. Actually
> I'm probably waisting more time with trying to find an automatic
> solution. That's why I don't want to look into customizing the menu
> according to the manual. I just love to get into customization, but it
> can be seen as an excuse for not making make real work :)

If you don't want to customize `TeX-command-list' (which is not a bad
idea because the sometimes changing default value is not shadowed) then
you can add an entry programmatically.  You can look into chktex.el how
it is done there.  You will likely also find examples with `add-to-list'
in the archives of this mailing list.