Re: [AUCTeX] automatic insertion of labels

From: David Romano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] automatic insertion of labels
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:18:39 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010, Ralf Angeli wrote:

* David Romano (2010-02-26) writes:

I've spent some time with the AUCTeX and RefTeX manuals, and can't seem to
make any progress with this.  I've changed the RefTeX label alist to
include some theorem-like environments, and C-c C-m \label works fine, but
the labels are not being generated automatically when I use C-c C-e.
Section and equation labels, however, are still being generated
automatically with either C-c C-s or C-c C-e.  Have I missed a variable
that needs changing?

Since you don't describe what exactly you did this is hard to tell.  Did
you follow the instructions in (info "(reftex)Theorem and Axiom"),
including the addition to the mode hook?

I followed the instructions for using "customize" to do this, but I didn't do anything else, since the "Theorem and Axiom" section said "To do the same configuration with `customize', you need to click on the `[INS]' button twice to create two templates and fill them in like this: ...", and I took that to mean this included the mode hook part.

Since I don't know lisp, I only use the "customize" way, and don't know how to translate the lisp instructions for adding the mode hook into "customize" instructions. The Latex Mode Hook group only has a text box without choices, so I'm not sure what to enter. I assume this is the right place to be working, though, right?

Thanks,
David