[AUCTeX] only PDFLaTeX working all of a suddent: emacs 23

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [AUCTeX] only PDFLaTeX working all of a suddent: emacs 23
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 23:32:32 +1000

Suddenly, my source wouldn't compile because images are in *.eps format.  I understood at the point, that somehow PDFLaTeX was being run.  I now notice that in the Minibuffer message bar is a flag showing the PDFLaTeX is active, and not LaTeX, which would ordinarily indicate that AUCTeX is active.

I have to compile LaTeX outside of emacs, if I want anything other than a PDF.  With the PDF, the "view" command does nothing.  It would be helpful to be able to configure this: I don't know how to do it.

I am running Gentoo GNU/Linux, AUCTeX 11.85, TexLive 2008, and recent Emacs 23 (In particular: GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.5)  of 2009-08-30 on spineless).

Thank you very much

Alan Davis