Re: [AUCTeX] Load package support via local variables

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Load package support via local variables
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 10:51:41 +0200

* Uwe Siart (2009-09-06) writes:

> Sometimes there are packages that load other packages in the background.
> In such case AUCTeX is unable to detect that a particular package is
> actually used in the document though package support would be available.
>
> A solution would be to load the respective package explicitely but this
> often results in option clashing.

You could use \iffalse ... \fi to protect it from being seen by LaTeX.

> Therefore my idea to overcome this would be to tell AUCTeX to load
> support for package 'foo' via local file variables. Is this possible
> somehow?

Probably with some `eval' statement.  But personally I'd first try to
deal with this by writing a custom style file for the document in
question.  It could include something like

(TeX-add-style-hook
 "my-doc"
 (lambda ()
   (TeX-run-style-hooks "some-package")))