Re: [AUCTeX] Auctex and master files

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Auctex and master files
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:34:14 +0200

* Damian (2009-06-22) writes:

> I have the following variables at the endo of a tex file:
> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% mode: pdflatex
> %%% TeX-master: "main"
> %%% End:
>
> However, when I issue the compile (C-c C-c RET Latex RET) command, the
> current file is compiled instead of main, that is, I got the following
> error:
> ERROR: LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

Without having tested this, it could be that processing of the
file-local variables stops after the "mode:" line because there is
no "pdflatex" mode.  If this is the case, using
%%% mode: latex
should cure the problem.  If you want to enable TeX PDF mode, set the
mode variable to t; either globally by customizing it or locally by
putting an appropriate line in the local variables stanza.