Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Make AUCTeX aware a new verbatim environment

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Make AUCTeX aware a new verbatim environment
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 14:02:12 +0200

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 12:16:09PM +0100, Leo wrote:
> On 2008-12-22 00:51 +0000, Leo wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I use listings to define an environment like this:
> >
> > \lstnewenvironment{latex}[1][]
> > {\lstset{language={[LaTeX]TeX},#1}}
> > {}
> >
> > However, AUCTeX didn't recognise it as a verbatim environment leaving me
> > accidentally adding space in it, which then was included literally. It
> > will be very helpful to get the visual hint if AUCTeX can treat it like
> > the verbatim environment. Ideas?
>
> Any comments on this question would be much appreciated.

The customisation group LaTeX-environment has an option called "LaTeX
Verbatim Environments". Perhaps when you add "latex" to the list, you get
the desired effect? (Haven't tested it, and the doc doesn't say exactly
what it does. It is also not part of AUCTeX, so perhaps I'm way off here...)

--
Joost Kremers, PhD
University of Frankfurt