[AUCTeX] View with xpdf

From: Mathias Lindner
Subject: [AUCTeX] View with xpdf
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:53:50 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

The standard view command for pdf files is 'xpdf -remote filename -raise
filename.pdf'.
That's not working as it should do. The window is not raised and the document is
jumping to the first page again.

I found that the unwanted jump is avoided by calling 'xpdf -remote filename
-reload' the second time. The problem is that this is only working when the
first command (with 'filename.pdf') has been called before.
Can I tell AucTeX to call 'xpdf -remote filename -raise filename.pdf' the first
time I view my PDF and 'xpdf -remote filename -reload' every time afterwards?

And can I get xpdf to the foreground after calling the view command in AucTeX -
just as '-raise' should do?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Mathias