[AUCTeX] Auctex and abbrev-mode

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: [AUCTeX] Auctex and abbrev-mode
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:47:32 +0100 (CET)

Hi

Sorry if this question has already been answered. I don't find
the conjugate behavior of auctex and abbrev-mode
optimal. Indeed I don't like abbrev expansion to occur inside
dollars. Thus, in fact macros already exist to provide
abbreviations and they might override certain abbreviations
useful only in the text. e.g. \gp is for me a macro that means
something but in text I like "gp" to be expanded in
"group". Anyway I don't like \gp to be expanded into "\group"
when typing a "," for instance after \gp.

Anybody can tell me that there should be no collision between
my tex macros and my abbrevs. Anyway I don't find it
satisfying. First "my tex macros" are not always "my tex
macros" and I cannot take care of all existing macros in the
world to define my abbrev sequences and conversely. Second I
say again that I don't find abbrev expansion to be useful
inside dollars.

Did anybody already have this problem ? Did anybody try to find
a solution ?

Regards

Pierre