Re: [AUCTeX] The file system path could not be retrieved.

From: José Carlos Santos
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] The file system path could not be retrieved.
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 09:20:59 +0000

On 14-03-2009 7:40, Ralf Angeli wrote:

I installed AUCTeX on a new machine (Windows XP; the TeX distribution is
MikTeX 2.7). When I tried to compile a file under EMACS doing C-c C-c, I
got this error:

Running `LaTeX' on `test' with ``pdflatex -interaction=nonstopmode "\input" "test.tex"''
pdflatex: The file system path could not be retrieved.

Does your user name contain a non-ASCII character?

Yes: é

Note that last time you had this problem you solved it by creating a
different user account, see
<URL:http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.auctex.general/2029>.

I forgot that.

And here is a bug report from a user who had the same problem:
<URL:http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bugs/15992>  And he used a user
name with an umlaut.  The patch mentioned in this thread was checked
into the Emacs repository, so you might remedy the problem by using a
CVS version.

I will create a new account for me, without non-ASCII characters in my
name.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos