Re: [AUCTeX] label ref and TeX-master questions

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] label ref and TeX-master questions
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 15:14:44 +0100

* Pierre Lorenzon (2008-11-23) writes:

> From: François Patte <address@hidden>
>>
>> I have a few questions about auctex:
>>
>> 1- I use to write my labels in this way:
>> \label{title,section-title,topic}
>
>   I am just using same structure for labels which I found
>   particularly "functorial with respect to the ideas"

I'm not sure what the text in quotes means, but the way the label is
written it lacks a classifier for thing it is labeling, e.g. "fig:" for
figures or "sec:" for sections.  So if you want to reference a figure,
RefTeX will not be able to limit the offered list of labels to those
belonging to figures.  This means you got rid of a useful feature.

The same goes for the fancyref LaTeX package which also makes use of
prefixes to distinguish label types.