[AUCTeX] reftex and indexing: macros with two arguments

From: Bernhard Kleine
Subject: [AUCTeX] reftex and indexing: macros with two arguments
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 16:51:29 +0000 (UTC)

Hallo!

I have managed to have RefTeX use my macro

\newcommand{\ii}[1]{#1\index{#1}}

which I have now defined as the default macro. I have also managed to add
a macro with two arguments

address@hidden which are asked for after M-x reftex-
index b (b the ?b key for the ind macro. However, although the
macrodefinition is

 ("\\ind{*}{}" "idx" 98 "" nil nil))

the selected word is not taken as #1.

C-h v retex-index-macros:
reftex-index-macros is a variable defined in `reftex-vars.el'.
Its value is
(("\\ii{*}" "idx" 97 "" nil nil)
 ("\\ind{*}{}" "idx" 98 "" nil nil))

The rip-file is

% -*- mode: reftex-index-phrases; TeX-master: "2nded.tex" -*-
%                              Key      Macro Format            Repeat
>>>INDEX_MACRO_DEFINITION:      a       \ii{%s}                 nil
>>>INDEX_MACRO_DEFINITION:      g       \glossary{%s}           t
>>>INDEX_MACRO_DEFINITION:      i       \index{%s}              t
>>>INDEX_MACRO_DEFINITION:      b       \ind{%s}{}              nil

What am I missing?

Thanks for help!

Bernhard