[AUCTeX] Behaviour of TeX-insert-quote

From: Seweryn Kokot
Subject: [AUCTeX] Behaviour of TeX-insert-quote
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:35:26 +0200

Hello,

When I have 'polski' package loaded with usepackage{polski} and when
typing " (TeX-insert-quote) I get literal double quotes " and typing twice " I
get ,, which is
set as TeX-open-quote in .emacs. When no language package is loaded,
first typing " gives ,, and second " gives literal double quote ".

Of course I'd like to see the second case also when 'polski'
package is loaded.

Any idea?

Another thing: is it possible to enclose a marked region with ,, and '',
when typing " ? I'm asking because I'm used to in other modes with
skeleton-pair-insert-maybe.

I'm using Emacs 22.2 and AUCTex 11.85.

Thank you in advance.
regards,