[AUCTeX] RefTeX: Setting it up for refstyle.sty

From: Andreas Neiser
Subject: [AUCTeX] RefTeX: Setting it up for refstyle.sty
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:08:39 +0200

Hi all,
I want to use the refstyle.sty package (can be found here
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/refstyle/) with the
nice RefTeX-mode. First of all, I have to admit that I am not familiar
with Lisp, so some of the next questions and problems can be trivial to you:
1) Since refstyle.sty defines new labeling commands such as
\eqlabel{bla} for \label{eq:bla}. Is it possible to change RefTeX's
behavior in a way that it inserts and parses the correct "new" label
commands? I know that I could use \label{eq:bla} instead of
\eqlabel{bla} from now on, but I have several documents which are
already created the former way... In order to do that, I found in the
very good documentation:
http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/reftex/reftex_59.html#NOD56
Hook: reftex-format-label-function
A hook is some kind of a function I can override and customize it,
right? And this Hook controls the format of the created labels, right?
But I see the problem that RefTeX won't parse this new "label" commands.
Is there a way to configure that resp. to override the behavior for the
pre-defined environments like equation?
I read this here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/reftex/Non_002dStandard-Environments.html#Non_002dStandard-Environments
But this only explains how to implement new customized environments but
not how to change the parse string from "label" to "eqlabel" when I'm in
a equation environment, and so on.
2) Inserting references should be changed from \ref{eq:bla} to
\eqref{bla}, but that should be easily possible with adding some entries
to reftex-label-alist, right? Since I'm not sure if the problems in 1)
are solvable, I wait until I think more about this second part.

Of course, it would be very nice if this functionality is only enabled
if refstyle.sty is loaded. Is that somehow possible?

Thanks for your help,
Andreas

PS: I consider RefTeX and AucTeX even after a short time of using it as
a great work, so a big Thank You to all developers here! I'd like to
know more about Lisp, so it would be nice helping me in getting started ;)