[AUCTeX] Re: Comment filling : I would like to make a contribution

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Comment filling : I would like to make a contribution
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 20:26:35 +0200

Ooops, forgotten to CC the list.

Vincent Belaïche a écrit :
Ralf Angeli a écrit :
Is the preprocessor code separated in some way from the rest of the
comment?
Yes it is, each line of the preprocessor code has some specific Eupp start-mark, and some specfic Eupp end-mark
Then you could adapt `paragraph-separate' accordingly.

I don't think that this would be enough, because even though by some tampering with variable `paragraph-separate' one line of preprocessor code could be recognized as a single paragraph, this would not prevent that this line may be folded into two lines if it is too long, which would cause the absence of an Eupp end-mark for the first line, and of an Eupp start mark for the second line. Also wouldn't it interfere with some motion commands, making moving forward or backward a paragraph go line by line when you step though some Eupp code ?

Anyhow, I have developped this new function, and it seems to be working. I agree that some more testing may be wise, I have just realised that I have not yet checked that the indent region as paragraph does not go into an infinite loop in case that an unfillable comment is on the last line of a buffer because the (beginning-of-line 2) would not make any action. I will check that and make you know about it.
PS: Please don't forget to make me explicitly in "To" as I am not subscribed to address@hidden

You know that you can read the list on Gmane?

Sorry for my ignorance:
1) is gmane a newsgroup or a Web access
2) what is the exact address to access mails from address@hidden

BR,