Re: [AUCTeX] Three new user questions

From: Andrei Sobolevskii
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Three new user questions
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:38:24 +0400

Hi,

On 22 Jun 2008, at 05:19, Ista Zahn wrote:

3) I use Sweave a lot, and I want to be able to run Sweave (I have a shell script for this) on foo.Rnw, then latex on foo.tex. The problem is that if I ask the Sweave script to run latex it tries to run latex on foo.Rnw instead of foo.tex. Does anyone know how to make this work
properly?

How do you call the Sweave script? Did you add "nw", "Rnw" and "Snw" to
`TeX-file-extensions' and `reftex-file-extensions'?

I think aquamacs emacs is set up this way by default. I didn't add anything, but the editor seems to recognize .Rnw files and loads AUCTEX and RefTEX automatically.

Frankly I don't have much experience with how AUCTeX has to be set up for Sweave. The above I picked up from some discussions on this list. But since there are some Sweave users who also use AUCTeX perhaps you
get some information by searching the archives of the Sweave mailing
lists or asking there. Unless some Sweave user lurks on this list and
shares her or his wisdom.

Thanks for the tip, I'll ask this question in a more appropriate forum. On the other hand I'm worried that I'll simply be told to ask on an emacs mailing list because the question is really an AUCTEX question. Basically, I want the typesetting command to refer to foo.tex even though I'm calling it from a buffer named foo.Rnw.

Unfortunately I am not a Sweave user but some time ago I looked into its integration with AUCTeX. Here is a relevant thread on another mailing list that I was able to find:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/2006-August/003586.html

HTH,
Andrei