Re: [AUCTeX] trouble customizing TeX-electric-escape

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] trouble customizing TeX-electric-escape
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:32:49 +0200

* Michael Smart (2008-06-19) writes:

> I have recently upgraded to auctex 11.85 (from 10.x), running with Gnu
> Emacs on Windows XP SP2.

>From 10.x?!  You're kiddin' me. (c:

> I find that that \ is bound to TeX-electric-macro (a change in the default?)
> which I don't want.  I tried customizing TeX-electric-escape but this does not
> seem to be respected.

`TeX-electric-escape' is nil by default and \ is also bound to \ by
default.  You can check this by starting Emacs with
emacs -Q -l auctex foo.tex
and typing `C-h k \'.  There is likely something in your init file which
leads to this behavior; either directly or by loading some library which
changes the default.