Re: [AUCTeX] Setting file-local list variables

From: Mark Elston
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Setting file-local list variables
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 07:57:13 -0700

* Ralf Angeli wrote (on 5/24/2008 2:30 PM):
* Mark Elston (2008-05-23) writes:

* Ralf Angeli wrote (on 5/22/2008 11:01 PM):
* Mark Elston (2008-05-22) writes:

OK.  I see what you mean.  Is there a better way of accomplishing this
without having to set these variables globally (via customize, etc).  I
really *do* want them to apply to only certain files (in this case only
one document).  These values have no meaning outside this document.
I already showed you a way to do it.  Do you have trouble applying it?
Your solution was:

 > I'd rather put the environments permanently into
 > `LaTeX-verbatim-environments'.  It likely won't happen too often that
 > you encounter environments with these names in other files.

I provided you with another solution as well.  That was the one I was
referring to above.

Sorry.  I wound up with:

%%% eval: (eval-after-load "latex" '(progn
                  (add-to-list 'LaTeX-verbatim-environments-local
                                      "CodeListing")
                  (add-to-list 'LaTeX-verbatim-environments-local
                                      "OldCodeListing")
                  (add-to-list 'LaTeX-verbatim-environments-local
                                       "NewCodeListing")))
%%% eval: (funcall 'font-latex-setup)

This sets up the buffer-local variable LaTeX-verbatim-environments-local
and forces font locking to take these new settings into account.

I completely forgot to try the 'funcall' you mentioned prior to this.
When you reminded me of it I went back and tried it and the above works
as I wanted it to.

Thanks.

Mark