[AUCTeX] Re: archive of this list

From: Hannes Rist
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: archive of this list
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 12:27:39 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Hannes Rist <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Joost Kremers <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 03:16:11PM +0000, Bernhard Kleine wrote:
>> *snip*
>>>
>>> just put the following file-local variable in the relevant tex file:
>>>
>>> %%% TeX-PDF-mode: t
>>>
>>> (all the way at the bottom, where the other file-local variables
>>> are. that's to say, any tex file created with auctex should contain
>>> several.)
>>
>> (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook (lambda () (tex-pdf-mode))) in your .emacs
>> file.
>> I use this, though I'm not sure if it has any bad side-effects.
>
> Of course it has.  Several.  For one thing, it does not work since
> TeX-PDF-mode is misspelt.  For another, it _toggles_ the current setting
> of TeX-PDF-mode rather than switching it on.  For another, it is hard to
> override.
>
> Instead just do
>
> M-x customize-variable RET TeX-PDF-mode RET
>
> Set this to on and save the customizations.  That changes the default
> for everything, but can be overriden on a per-file basis like above.

Oh thanks, didn't know that. But it does work, regardless of the wrong
spelling.
It's also possible to overwrite it on a per file basis with local
variables.
I'm not sure on what you mean by _toggle_, I can open the same file
twice or another TeX-file, it's still in TeX-PDF-mode.

But changing a variable is more convenient than this little workaround.
Thanks for that.

with kind regards
Hannes Rist