Re: [AUCTeX] Re: archive of this list

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: archive of this list
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:47:47 +0200

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 02:02:13AM +0200, Hannes Rist wrote:
> (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook (lambda () (tex-pdf-mode))) in your .emacs
> file.
> I use this, though I'm not sure if it has any bad side-effects.

i think it's ok if you want to use pdflatex for all your documents. (though
if i'm not mistaken, you can also specify this through auctex customize.)
however, i only use pdflatex for some documents, for others i need the
latex-->dvips-->ps2pdf route because i make use of pstricks. so i use the
file-local variable instead.

--
Joost Kremers, PhD
University of Frankfurt