Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Precompiled AUCTeX 11.85 for Emacs on Windows

From: J Sreedhar
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Precompiled AUCTeX 11.85 for Emacs on Windows
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 23:58:00 -0800

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 11:42 PM, Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:
* J. Sreedhar (2008-03-02) writes:

> I understand. I guess my real question/request is for *more detailed
> instructions*
> on how to "drop" the precompiled AUCTeX package into the GNU Emacs official
> distribution.

Did you read the instructions on the download page?  If yes, what are
you missing?

Nothing in particular, but the instructions seem to be too terse and intimidating. A little hand-holding might help. :-)

I shall try to follow the instructions and see how it goes.

And thanks for clarifying that the TeX distribution would be untouched (if outside of Emacs). For some reason I got confused.

--
Sreedhar