[AUCTeX] Spelling not working in AUCTeX

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: [AUCTeX] Spelling not working in AUCTeX
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:01:35 +0100

Hey AUCTeX group,
I have a slightly odd problem. Aspell stopped working in my Emacs setup. It used to work, but I have not been using Emacs for a couple of weeks. I use Aspell and it works in text mode, but whenever I switch to LaTeX mode, spelling stops working. I get the following error when I run ispell or flyspell from LaTeX mode

   "Error in post-command-hook: (file-error writing to process invalid
    argument ispell)"

I have got the following lines related to ispell in my dotemacs:
    (setq ispell-dictionary "dansk")
    '(ispell-alternate-dictionary "/usr/dict/words")
    '(ispell-program-name "aspell")

The odd thing is, that it works perfectly well in other modes such as text and html, but not in LaTeX (AUCTeX) or tex ("native" TeX mode).

Does anybody know, if AUCTeX has some local definition or argument for spelling commands?
Also, everything should be in the PATH.

I hope somebody will be able to help me out here. It is a bugger not to have a spell checker.

Thanks,
Rasmus