[AUCTeX] How to use the font changing command C-c C-f

From: Torben Knudsen
Subject: [AUCTeX] How to use the font changing command C-c C-f
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 07:25:03 +0100

I can't figure out how to use the font changing command.  When I use
the menus it works.  If I click e.g. what is marked C-c C-f C-e it
gives \emph{} asking which command is used i get

<menu-bar> <LaTeX> <Insert Font> <Emphasize> runs the command menu-function-8
   which is an interactive Lisp function.
(menu-function-8)
not documented

If I try to do C-c C-f C-e I just get a font list which I can't figure
   out how to choose from.  When I ask C-h k I get

C-c C-f runs the command TeX-font
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `tex'.
(TeX-font REPLACE WHAT)

How can I get my C-c C-f C-* working?

command  if I do C-c C-f C-e I get a
font list which I can't find out how to choose from.  How are you
supposed to do that?

--
Associate Prof. Ph.D Torben Knudsen     Mobile  : (+45) 2787 9826
Section of Automation and Control,      Email   : address@hidden