Re: [AUCTeX] query-replace in math mode

From: Uwe Siart
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] query-replace in math mode
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:45:36 +0100

Uwe Siart <address@hidden> writes:

> Plamen Tanovski <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> (defun LaTeX-math-query-replace (from-string to-string)
>> "math query replace"
>> (interactive "sFrom: \nsTo: ")
>> (while
>>     (search-forward from-string)
>>   (if (texmathp)
>>     (query-replace from-string to-string nil
>>  (point) (1+ (match-end 0))))))
>
> After a few first trials it looks fine and seems to work as expected.

Aaargh, I found a problem with it now. When typing "M-x
LaTeX-math-query-replace RET N RET M" at the beginning of the following
document

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\begin{equation}
\end{equation}
\end{document}

it matches the "N". However, after typing SPC to have it replaced, the
function gets trapped in an infinite loop, continuously signalling
"Replaced 0 occurences". Are there any ideas how to fix this?

--
Uwe