Re: [AUCTeX] Re: query-replace in math mode

From: Uwe Siart
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: query-replace in math mode
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:03:13 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Plamen Tanovski <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Use the condition (texmathp) from texmathp.el.
>
> Something like
>
> \,(if (texmathp) "replacement string" \&)
>
> as a replacement string should work.

Thanks for pointing me to texmathp. In the interactive call I could see
that it indeed detects whether point is in math mode or not.

However, I'm still trying to figure out how to use it together with
query-replace. My expectation was to have a query-replace that shows
matches in math mode only.

First I tried "M-x eval-expression" and then I typed (if (texmathp)
(query-replace old new)) which did not work (I'm not very skilled at
elisp).

Then I called "M-%" and then typed David's snipped at the prompt which
gave no result either.

Please, can you explain in more detail how to use texmathp during a
query-replace session?

Sorry for bothering again and thanks.

--
Uwe