Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Creating PDF per default

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Creating PDF per default
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 19:59:21 +0100

* Frank Lanitz (2007-12-04) writes:

> On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 13:15:29 +0100
> Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Frank Lanitz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> > I want to set PDFLaTeX-mode per default so that I don't need to C-c
>> > C-t C-p every time I'm loading a document. How to do it?
>>
>>   (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'TeX-PDF-mode)
>
> Thanks. Was to easy. *PLONK* to myself :D

It's not a good solution, however, because this will toggle TeX PDF
mode.  So if you have a file which toggles TeX PDF mode through file
local variables, this will reverse the effect.

Better customize `TeX-PDF-mode' by using
M-x customize-variable <RET> TeX-PDF-mode <RET>

By the way, this is also described in the AUCTeX manual.  See
(info "(auctex)Commands") <-- Type `C-x C-e' here.