Re: [AUCTeX] Re: MinionPro and amsmath

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: MinionPro and amsmath
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 03:07:56 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Sebastian Schubert (2007-10-10) writes:
>
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

>>> The documentation states it loads amsmath, but I could not find anything
>>> in the dtx or sty files.  Can anybody verify that that MinionPro
>>> actually loads amsmath?
>>
>> You are right. MinionPro loads MnSymbol which loads amsmath, so the
>> effect is the same:
>
> Okay, done.

Personally, I am not much of a fan of using the features of implicitly
loaded packages.  There are borderline cases (like tabularx loading
array) that are more or less extending functionality.  In that case,
it might be a reasonable expectation that array features are available
when loading tabularx.

But in this case, one could argue that we are cluttering the command
completion for something that more or less happens to be available by
coincidence rather than user choice.

Personally, I would not have considered this worth implementing.  Now
that it has already been done, we might as well keep it, though.