[AUCTeX] Re: \frametitle does not honour font-latex-fontify-sectioning

From: Jan T . Kim
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: \frametitle does not honour font-latex-fontify-sectioning
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 00:08:59 +0000 (UTC)

Jan T. Kim <jtk <at> cmp.uea.ac.uk> writes:

> In my ~/.emacs I set font-latex-fontify-sectioning to "color". My
> understanding of the documentation is that this should result in
> sectioning parameters being displayed using colour rather than
> scaled and proportional fonts. However, the \frametitle macro from
> the beamer appears to be unaffected, its parameter is displayed in
> a proportional font that also is larger.
>
> Why does the frametitle sectioning bypass my configuration? What do
> I have to do to have frametitle parameters coloured rather than
> scaled?

Ok, thanks for this info and also for your thought above. I've indeed
resorted to setting font-latex-slide-title-face to font-lock-type-face,
and I've done the same for font-latex-verbatim-face. I was not quite
sure whether that was the intended way of doing this, though; thinking
that if there's something like font-latex-fontify-sectioning, there
must be some higher level way to configure font selection.

Personally, I would welcome it very much if there was a switch to
globally indicate whether AucTeX fontification alters font faces at
all. To me, colour fontification is sometimes useful and using the
bold / italic variants of the font is ok, but changing the font is
something I definitely don't want (e.g. my default emacs font is
a fixed width one, and verbatim in a different fixed width looks just
weird).

Best regards, Jan