[AUCTeX] Re: TeX-next-error takes me to the supp-pdf.tex buffer

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: TeX-next-error takes me to the supp-pdf.tex buffer
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:22:49 +0200

* mirko vukovic (2007-03-30) writes:

>> > When I try to go to the next error, I end up in the supp-pdf.tex
>> > buffer.  I have not seen this discussed in the archive.
[...]
> It is the tikz package that causes the problem when compiling with
> pdflatex.  If I compile it with latex, C-c ` works fine.

I don't even come as far as having supp-pdf.tex being displayed since
error parsing cannot handle a quoted file name with spaces. )c:

The output buffer contains stuff like

tex"))) (tikz-test.aux) ("C:\Programme\MiKTeX 2.5\tex\context\base\supp-pdf.tex
"
) [1{psfonts.map}]
! Misplaced alignment tab character &.
l.15 *&
       ^*
! Missing $ inserted.
<inserted text>
                $

and when parsing the file name after the second opening paren it stops
after "MiKTeX".  That means something like "\"C:\\Programme\\MiKTeX"
is pushed onto `TeX-error-file'.  That means the file in question will
be found as "MiKTeX" and the directory part will be ""C:\Programme".
Ouch.

The error parsing routine of preview-latex fails in the same way.