[AUCTeX] Re: auctex/miktex/windows problem: "specified path is invalid"

From: Emin.shopper Martinian.shopper
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: auctex/miktex/windows problem: "specified path is invalid"
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:17:40 -0400

Sorry for answering my own post, but I thought others might find this fix useful.

The problem was I had (setq preview-TeX-style-dir ...) in my .emacs file from when I used to use UNIX and apparently on windows this caused the main tex directories not to be read by tex. Consequently, the article.cls file was not being loaded and MikTeX was dying with a strange error message.