Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Possibly broken Auctex by installing EmacsW32

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Possibly broken Auctex by installing EmacsW32
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:07:38 +0100

Brian Elmegaard <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Well, in that case Lennart should provide AUCTeX+EmacsW32, I guess.
>
> I guess he would like to do it
> (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.windows/3354/focus=3366).
> But package installation in emacs is hard work.

AUCTeX comes with an autoconf-based installer and a set of carefully
maintained installation instructions.  And there is an extra set of
instructions just for Windows users.

Package installation for AUCTeX is not hard work, and particularly not
if you already have a build environment capable of compiling Emacs
installed.

> Has there ever been made attemts to include such a feature in emacs
> in general or as part of the auctex package in particular?

What problems do you have with AUCTeX's installer?

--
David Kastrup