Re: [AUCTeX] New version of Emacs/AUCTeX bundle for Windows available

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] New version of Emacs/AUCTeX bundle for Windows available
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 23:07:19 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> There is a new version of the Emacs/AUCTeX bundle for Windows
> available.

I think we should also aim for releasing 11.84 soon.  One thing I
would still like to have done is transplanting the error regexps from
preview-latex to AUCTeX (which means that we have to add warnings to
the matching patterns) so that AUCTeX and preview-latex have
comparable behavior at least getting to file and line.  The insane
stuff for getting to the right character position we can still save
for the next iteration.

Since the current expansion code relies more or less on preview-latex
and AUCTeX being from the same version, me might as well move stuff
like (add-to-list 'TeX-expand-list) out of preview.el and into tex.el.
If preview-latex is not used, the respective expansion should not be
used, anyway.

For some reason or other, I have not seen my latest checkins on the
auctex-diff and auctex-commit mailing lists.  Anybody else had more
luck?