[AUCTeX] Re: 11.82; local texmf tree path not picked up when compiling

From: Shanks N
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: 11.82; local texmf tree path not picked up when compiling
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 16:39:28 +0530

Ralf Angeli wrote:
* Shanks N. (2006-09-28) writes:
[...]

So it seems to work by setting the TEXINPUTS. Where in the texmf.cnf & what do I have to change to make the local tree transparently available?

The default in the texmf.cnd of my teTeX system provided by Debian is
TEXINPUTS.latex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{latex,generic,}//
I haven't had to change anything for files in the local try to be
found.

Well, it's the same for me too.  So changed it to

TEXINPUTS.latex = .;$TEXMFLOCAL/tex/{latex,generic,}//;$TEXMF/tex/{latex,generic,}//

and in a few other places and everything works fine in the shell as well as auctex.

regards,
Shanks