[AUCTeX] Re: Inverse search with Emacs/AUCTeX

From: Alan Ristow
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Inverse search with Emacs/AUCTeX
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:38:30 -0400

David Kastrup wrote:
Alan Ristow <address@hidden> writes:

We tracked the problem to the source special embedded in the DVI,
which itself does not have the .tex extension (e.g.,
c:\files\mychapter). Thus, the filename provided to Emacs during the
inverse search does not have the .tex extension, and unless AUCTeX or
Emacs adds it implicitly it seems that Emacs cannot possibly find the
correct file.

I consider this a MikTeX bug.  I don't see a point in this deliberate
change and deviation from an established and useful standard practice
used everywhere else and in previous versions of MikTeX.

Feel free to forward my opinion to Christian Schenk.

Thanks again for your reply, David. Christian has re-opened the original bug report, so it looks like he intends to fix it.

Alan