[AUCTeX] preview-latex problem comes from dvips

From: Adam Johnson
Subject: [AUCTeX] preview-latex problem comes from dvips
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 01:07:45 -0500

Hi,

My most recently updated MikTeX 2.5 gave me some trouble when I tried to use the dvips command. The eps files could not be included in the postscript file. The compilation window mentions that dvips cannot find these figures.

One reason is because all my eps figures are shared among documents and not in the same folder as the tex source files. (I used \graphicspath to set a different graphic path in my tex master file.) When using dvips command with -R0 option, you may solve this problem (I Googled this sugguestion).

Since preview-latex also has two commands: preview-dvips-command and preview-fast-dvips-command, who use dvips, you may need to customize these commands and add the -R0 option: "dvips -Pwww -i -E %d -R0 -o %m/preview.000" and "dvips -Pwww %d -R0 -o %m/preview.ps".

Just for your reference if you are in the same situation as mine.

--
Adam