[AUCTeX] Re: Newbie Question: TeX-macro-global

From: Bernt Guldbrandtsen
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Newbie Question: TeX-macro-global
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:13:20 +0000 (UTC)

David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:

> What does
> M-! echo $TEXINPUTS
> output?

 That does not work under Windows XEmacs.

 It says

                $TEXINPUTS^M

 The global environment variable TEXINPUTS is not set (using System
 Properties).

> Does it help to customize
> M-x customize-variable RET TeX-kpathsea-path-delimiter RET
> ?

 Original setting: Autodetect   Does not work
 Setting           ;           Does not work
 Setting           :           Does not work
 Setting           Off         Does not work

> Does it help to customize
> M-x customize-variable RET preview-TeX-style-dir RET
> ?

 Changing it to "installed" made things work.

 Changing it back to the default setting breaks things again.

What is the default setting on your system?

>> > Changing it to "installed" made things work.
>> >
>> > Changing it back to the default setting breaks things again.
>>
>> What is the default setting on your system?
>>

> It is set to ``Directory followed by kpathsea delimiter: .:c:\Program
> Files\XEmacs\xemacs-packages\etc\auctex\latex\:''
>
> Btw. notice the ':' as delimiter.

Yes.  This happens to be wrong.  The whole preview style path handling
stuff is a half-finished inconsistent mess.  It makes one wonder how
people could have reported this to have worked under Windows
previously.  I am giving it an overhaul right now and it should be
fixed soon.