Re: [AUCTeX] auctex and emacs on Mac OsX

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] auctex and emacs on Mac OsX
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:29:44 +0200

vincent poirriez <address@hidden> writes:

> Here is what I use:
> (/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs)
> GNU Emacs 23.0.0.2 (i386-apple-darwin8.6.1, *Step 9.0-pre3) of
> 2006-06-13 on jinpym.local
>
> And I download and compile the last version of auctex
>
> Here are my two problems
> a) How to write the so used character \
> b) when I load auctex-mode, I obtain this:
> call-interactively: Autoloading failed to define function auctex-mode

There is neither a function nor a file "auctex-mode", so it is utterly
impossible to say what you might be doing.

I recommend that you follow the installation instructions in the
"INSTALL" file.  If those don't work, then report your problems using
M-x TeX-submit-bug-report RET when AUCTeX loads sufficiently for that
command to be defined, and post what lines you used for purportedly
activating AUCTeX.